THEODORA A. TSINTZOU
P H O N E: +3 0 6 9 4 7 8 0 0 9 9 3
E – M A I L: f i o r a _ t s i n t z o u @ y a h o o. g r
2019 • University College London (UCL), Department of Culture, Communication and Media, London, UK Institute of Education (ranked as the world’s leading University for Education in the 2014 QS World University Rankings), PhD, research on Music Performance Science under the
supervision of Prof. Graham Welch and Evangelos Himonides. Title of the Thesis: The agile mind in music performance: error, memory and improvisation for classical expert pianists.
8/2010 • University of Jyväskylä, Finland, Erasmus Intensive Programme, ISSSM2010, International Jyväskylä, Finland Summer School in Systematic Musicology
10/2010-10/2011 • University of Vienna, Diplomatic Academy of Vienna, MAIS, Postgraduate Certificate in Vienna, Austria International Studies, 1 year full-time MA program
9/2007-8/8/2008 • University of East London, Cass School of Education and Communities, PGCE, Professional London, UK Graduate Certificate in Education in Secondary in Music, 1 year full-time postgraduate studies
9/2006-14/11/2007 • Keele University, Faculty of Natural Sciences, School of Psychology, Master in Science in United Kingdom Psychology of Music, 1 year full-time MSc under the supervision of Prof. John Sloboda
1990-17/6/2005 • Conservatory of Athens, Piano School, Piano Diploma,
Athens, Greece 15 years of studies completed with top grade “Excellent” unanimously 10/10
9/1999-7/12/2004 • National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Faculty of Philosophy, Music Department, Athens, Greece Ptychion in Musicology, 5 years completed with top grade “Excellent” 9.17/10
1996-1999 • General Lyceum of St. Konstantine, Secondary Education completed with Agrinion, Greece top grade “Excellent” 19.2/20
1992-1998 • Conservatory of Modern Art of Agrinion, Certificate in Harmony,
Agrinion, Greece 6 years completed with top grade “Excellent” 10/10, (conferrer Ministry of Culture)
9/2017, 9/2018 • Executive Representative of BIOPOLITICS INTERNATIONAL ORGANISATION (B.I.O.) at Youth
St. Petersburg, Bios Olympiads and Bios Schools which take place annually in St. Petersburg since 1992. Russia
2017-2018 • BIOPOLITICS INTERNATIONAL ORGANISATION (B.I.O.) – Executive member and coordinator to
Athens, Greece CEO and Founder Professor Agni Vlavianos – Arvanitis
7/2014-10/2014 • National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Organizational Assistant at the 40th
Athens, Greece International Computer Music Conference (ICMC) joint with the 11th Sound & Music Computing conference (SMC), [150 papers, 150 posters, 20 concerts, 220 music works, workshops, 15 installations, music expo, summer school], Partners: National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Onassis Cultural Centre, IEMA (Institute of Research on Music and Acoustics). http://www.icmc14-smc14.net/
7/2014-10/2014 • National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Organizational Assistant at Platonic Rhizomes Athens, Greece in Computer Music conference organized under the project “Plato Academy – Development of Knowledge and Innovative Ideas”, 16 September 2014 at the Outdoor Theatre Archaeological Park of Plato Academy, Athens.
4/2014-7/2014 • IAMIC (International Association of Music Information Centres), Headquarter in Brussels,
Athens, Greece Belgium. In Greece it is located at IEMA, IAMIC Office Coordinator.
4/2014-7/2014 • IEMA (Institute of Research on Music and Acoustics), Cultural Management Athens, Greece
7/2013-9/2013 • CréMusCult project (Créativité / Musique / Culture: analyse et modélisation de la créativité Athens, Crete musicale et de son impact culturel), Research Fellow, Partners: IRCAM (Institut de Recherché Greece et Coordination Acoustique/Musique) Paris, France, University of Strasbourg, France, McGill
University, Canada, University of Jyväskylä, Finland. http://recherche.ircam.fr/equipes/repmus/ayari/ANR/CreMusCult/Partenaires.htm
2010 – 2011 • Freelancer, Private Music Performance and Music Theory Tuitions KS 3-4-5 and adults Vienna, Austria
4/2009 • Tallinn University, Lecturer on music and memory for the postgraduate course on music Tallinn, Estonia psychology
2007-2008 • Dr. Challoner’s Grammar Secondary School, Classroom Music Teacher London, UK
2007-2008 • Willowfield Secondary School, Classroom Music Teacher London, UK
2005-2006 • Ministry of Education and Religion Affairs, Classroom Music Teacher in four Primary Schools Athens, Greece
2002-2005 • Freelancer, Pianist, Member of 5 professional choirs, concerts, recordings, festivals at the Greece Athens, Greece Odeon of Herodes Atticus (Athens), the National State Opera (Athens), the Athens Concert Hall
2003-2005 • Freelancer, Private Music Performance and Music Theory Tuitions KS1 and KS2 Athens, Greece
8/2004 • Athens Olympic Broadcasting, Athens Olympic Games, Audio Assistant, Velodrome Athens, Greece
a. Presentation of research papers:
Tsintzou Theodora, 2015. The Golden Ratio pursuit: the hunt for Greece’s next day in Education. Greek Economic Forum, “Modern Greece”, Harvard University, USA.
Tsintzou Theodora, 2010. Music memory and music analysis: a conscious or an unconscious association? Empirical Musicology II: Empirical Approaches to Performance, 25-26 March 2010, School of Music, University of Leeds.
Tsintzou Theodora, 2009. Gifted and Talented Students’ underachievement. The 3rd international conference EEMAPE2009, Athens, Greece. Proceedings.
Tsintzou Theodora, 2009. Teachers’ perceptions about gifted and talented students, and these students’ arrogant behavior as a cause of underachievement. The 2nd international conference CFME09, Tallinn, Estonia. Proceedings.
Tsintzou Theodora, 2008. The memorization strategies of atonal music. The 4th Conference on Interdisciplinary Musicology, CIM08, Thessaloniki, Greece. Proceedings.
b. Organization and/or Attendance:
- 40th International Computer Music Conference (ICMC) joint with the 11th Sound & Music Computing conference (SMC), “Music Technology meets Philosophy: From Digital Echos to Virtual Ethos”, 14th to 20th September 2014, Onassis Cultural Centre, Odeon Cinemas, Athens, Greece organised by the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, the Onassis Cultural Centre and the IEMA (Institute of Research on Music and Acoustics)
- Platonic Rhizomes in Computer Music conference organized under the project “Plato Academy – Development of Knowledge and Innovative Ideas”, 16 September 2014 at the Outdoor Theatre, Archaeological Park of Plato Academy, Athens, Greece organised by the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
The London Conference on Cultural Bridges 2013, “State Multiculturalism: An Interdisciplinary Analysis of Political, Economic & Cultural Dimensions”, 20th to 22th of March 2013, House of Lords, London, organised by the Institute of Cultural Diplomacy
- 4th Sound and Music Computing Conference, SMC’07, 11th to 13th of July 2007, Lefkada, Greece, organised by the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens and the Ionian University
- CFP, First International Conference of the American Society of Byzantine Music and Hymnology, Greece, 17 May 2007 International symposium Iannis Xenakis, Athens, 18th to 20th of May 2005 organised by the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
- 2nd International Musicological – Psaltic Congress, “Theoria and Praxis of the Psaltic Art. The genres and categories of Byzantine melopoea”, 15th to 19th of October 2003, Athens organized by the Holy Synod of the Church of Greece and the Institute of Byzantine Musicology
SCHOLARSHIPS – AWARDS
- ALEXANDROS ONASSIS scholarship for the completion of the PhD in London (2014-2016)
- Professor Graham Welch, Faculty of Children and Learning, Department of Arts and Humanities, University College London, Institute of Education. E-mail: G.Welch@ioe.ac.uk, Tel: 020 7612 6503
- Dr Evangelos Himonides, Faculty of Children and Learning, Department of Arts and Humanities, University College London, Institute of Education. E-mail: E.Himonides@ioe.ac.uk. Tel: 020 7612 659